Our Annual General Membership Meeting will be held on August 12, 6pm, at the Schechter Center (1089 S Patrick Dr, Satellite Beach, FL 32937) in the community room/ concession area. The meeting should last no more than 60-90 minutes.
This meeting is open to all Regular Members, which are parents who paid for and had children play in our 2020 Fall Season or 2021 Spring Season. Anyone wishing to be a member that did not participate in the last year, you can do so by attending the meeting and paying a $10 membership fee (this fee will become a credit on your next registration within the next year.)
At this meeting, the membership will receive a report detailing the general condition of the league, its finances, assets, and plans for the upcoming year. This meeting is ultimately about your children, we encourage everyone to attend to get answers to your questions and provide feedback on how the future of Beachside Little League could be improved.
Additionally, this meeting holds the vote to decide on the next year’s Board of Directors. Board term durations are 1 year and all positions are available. If you would like to be involved with the running of the league please consider running for a Board position. In order to be on the ballot, you must have a completed background check for the current season (Fall 2021-Spring 2022) – please contact our secretary Ivy Iverson, IvyIversonbsll@gmail.com no later than July 31st, include your full name and email address and we’ll send you a link for the background check through our provider, IDP.
No later than August 5th, an email will be sent to all current members with an absentee ballot and instructions for voting – absentee ballots must be returned before the vote on August 12, drop off/ mail instructions will be included in the email.
Please read all information below before registering.
7/9 – Registration Opens
9/4 – Registration Closes
9/5-9/7 – **Manager & Coach Interviews
9/9-9/10 – **Player assessments (ALL Divisions except tball)
9/11 – Draft, Teams are formed, practice schedule goes live in the SportsSignup App.
9/13 – Practices Start
10/7 – Games Start
11/20 – Games End
**Emails will be sent out for specific day/time for manager & coach interviews and assessments.
Refer to our FAQ page which will answer many of your questions, answers to the most asked questions are below:
- We will NOT know when your team practices until teams are made and practice schedules are set up by the managers.
- Once teams are formed we cannot move players around to accommodate individual’s specific schedules. Please review the time commitment w/ your family before signing up.
- The game schedule will be released the week before games start.
- Each team can expect 1-2 practices a week, along with 1-2 games a week (Tball will be once a week and one game a week).
- There will be assessments for all divisions except tee-ball. You will receive an email with the days and times to arrive. Assessments are MANDATORY to ensure teams are made equally and allows managers to evaluate players prior to the draft.
- Requests to be on a friend’s team or a certain manager’s team are reviewed against player assessments and most of the time are granted, however, cannot be guaranteed. Requests for divisions Minor A and up WILL NOT be granted.
- BSLL follows the Little League Bat Rules. Please refer to this site or ask your coach before purchasing a bat: littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-rules
- If you would like to be a manager or coach you must register yourself in the system in the division you wish to coach in. We will only invite managers & coaches to the preseason interviews who are registered.
We are excited to announce that our Summer Skills Clinic series will be kicking off in just a few weeks with (3) different 3-4 hr sessions, each focusing on different aspects of the game. We are partnering with local high school coaches and professional players to help guide the sessions and provide quality instruction.
Our objective for all skill clinics is to give each player experience and provide useful information teaching proper mechanics, techniques and set up drills for the player to use at home for personal skill development. Parents and coaches are encouraged to attend.
All attendees will be required to register and sign a hold harmless agreement.
July 1, 4pm-7pm, Fielding & Throwing, Algonquin Sports Complex: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444A4AA2AA02-fielding
July 10, 8am-12pm, Pitching & Catching, Algonquin Sports Complex: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444A4AA2AA02-pitching
****UPDATED DATE**** August 14, 9am-12pm, Hitting & Baserunning, Algonquin Sports Complex: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040444A4AA2AA02-hitting
We hope to see as many as possible out there working to make next season the best season yet!